Top 8 venues for outdoor weddings in Hertfordshire
Planning an outdoor wedding in Hertfordshire – here are the Top 8.
- Fanhams Hall
- Theobald’s Park
- The Ridings Barn at Theobald’s Park
- Manor of Groves
- Tewingbury Farm
- Shendish Manor
- Capel Manor
- Shenley Cricket Centre
- Fanhams Hall has two locations for an Outdoor Wedding. The Croquet Lawn and The Japanese Tea House. The Croquet lawn is a perfect setting for an outdoor wedding and is very close to the hotel. The Ceremony takes place in the summer-house which is accessed by steps down from the beautiful courtyard. Once the groom and all the guests take their seats the bride and bridal party can be seen at the top of the steps before making the way down to the summer-house – a beautiful sight that everyone will enjoy. The Japanese Tea House is located down in the Japanese Gardens towards the end of the grounds and is surrounded by lovely bridges and Japanese trees, the location really is stunning, after the ceremony the guests walk back up to the Main house for drinks and canapes.
- Theobald’s Park also has two locations for an Outdoor Wedding. The Italian Gardens which are located at The Mansion House and The Ridings Stable. The Italian Gardens are located to the side of the Mansion and the ceremony takes place in a permanent metal gazebo that is accessed by a 60 metre walk from the main terrace of the building.. it really is a fabulous setting.
- The Ridings Barn at Theobald’s Park is located the other side of the main house and is its own separate venue with rooms surrounding the courtyard for guests to stay in, it is a very well secluded area with the most amazing tree house and gardens.
- Manor Of Groves has two locations for an Outdoor Wedding. The Colonnade and The Manor Suite both have outside Gazebos. The Colonnades Georgian elegance has amazing gardens which are very picturesque with grounds adjacent to the 18 hole championship golf course providing a lovely backdrop for your special day. The Manor Suite has Oriental Gardens with a bridge and lake and amazing views of the golf course.
- Tewingbury Farm has a few options for an outdoor wedding but personally I feel that the gardens located by the Farmhouse are the best. The grounds are established and there is a beautiful gazebo that you get married under. After the ceremony the reception drinks are bought straight out for the couple and the guests. It is a very tranquil and lovely setting.
- Shendish Manor is set in 160 acres and is split into two sides for your wedding. The Outdoor ceremony takes place on the Mansion side and not the modern golf club side (Apsley Suite). Up to 120 guests can take their seats at the Stone Gazebo for the ceremony and the bridal party start to make their walk across from the mansion some 250 feet away. There are two banqueting suites of which one can seat up to 120 guests (mansion side) and the other up to 280 (Apsley Suite).
- Capel Manor is set in 30 acres of beautiful gardens the ceremony can take place in a few different areas of the gardens the image that I have attached is in the ruins of the gardens which is amazing and there is a Marquee of up to 500 people erected for the wedding breakfast and the celebrations.
- Shenley Cricket Centre is perfect for an outdoor wedding. The pavilion is perfect for the wedding ceremony and is licensed for up to 100 people and is surrounded by amazing views. The Cricket Club has a heated winter marquee that can sit down 120 people and hold 200 in the evening. The Summer Marquee can sit down up to 220 people and hold 300 in the evening.
Here are some Images of the 8 Locations from actual real weddings © photographed and written by John Paul O’Donnell.
Theobald’s Park Mansion
Ridings Barn at Theobald’s Park
Manor Of Groves Colinade
Tewingbury Farm Farmhouse
Shendish Manor Mansion
Shenley Cricket Centre Pavillion
Please like and share this post and if you find it useful then take a look at my website and blog for lots of up to date wedding ideas and information.
Looking for a Wedding Venue ? Check out my Post on Top ten Wedding Venues in Hertfordshire
#weddinglocations #outdoorweddings #hertfordshireweddings
Working out your Photography Budget ? use this free Budget summary that I have created for couples to give them a good idea Budgets B & G Wedding Budget Summary JPO.